This is the fascinating story of how two men - Dave McElroy and Chris Elgar set an incredibly ambitious goal 'Project FlyRTW80'. Their objective was to circumnavigate the globe in a single engine aircraft for charity. Only 198 people in the history of the world have successfully achieved this!
- More than 4,000 people have summited Everest.
- More than 500 astronauts have orbited the Earth.
- But less than 200 have accomplished this feat.
Overcoming endless obstacles they never listened to the host of people who said it was foolish or dangerous or others who remarkably thought we were too old. They just did it in 80 days, right on schedule and right on budget! A great adventure for two great causes.
The story brings in the viewpoints of 8 co-pilots and passengers who accompanied the men on various parts of their breath taking travelogue: 59 stops in 29 countries on 5 continents. Crossing all the major oceans. One of them, the Atlantic, three times...
This was a project which has so far raised £120,000 to support two great charities!
What Was Required
- 1 Piper Comanche
- 2 Bighearted adventuresome gentlemen aviators
- 3 Atlantic crossings
- 6 continents
- 57 Airports (give or take)
- 80 Days
- 42,000 nautical miles (78,000 km)
- 13 co-pilots/passengers
2 charities to benefit
- Toronto’s SickKids Hospital Foundation – 200 young lives changed – (Canada)
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance SCAA – 100 lives saved/rescued – (Scotland)
Book Launch Amazon Advertisement
GlobalSound were contracted to create an advert promoting the launch of the RTW80 book. The production was filmed on-site at Perth Airport.
To view the film and find out more how you can donate to this worthwhile charity please check here: Fly Round the World in 80 Days